Apostle Donald Q. Fozard heart for training up a child under Christian values has served as a core root in his ministry since the founding of Mount Zion Christian Academy in 1986. Satan has used to classroom to shape the next generation with progressive leaders such as John Dewey, America’s most influential thinker on education. John Dewey called for secular humanism to become the new religion for America and his goal was to do this by utilizing the classroom. Other humanist leaders believed in the same as such. John J. Dunphy writing in The Humanist states: “[Secular Humanist] teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey Humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level–preschool, day care, or large state university. The classroom must and will become an area of conflict between the old and the new-the rotting corpse of Christianity together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of Humanism.” For these reasons, Apostle Fozard believes there is a vital cry in the spiritual realm to provide a place where children can be taught and trained with biblical principles serving as the foundation. However, running a Christian Academy comes at a high cost and we need your help!
WHAT PART CAN YOU PLAY IN HELPING KEEP CHRISTIAN EDUCATION ALIVE!?
- Sound Christian Education takes the Bible seriously.
- Truth is seen as absolute.
- Christian Education believes a Christian worldview can make a positive difference.
- It gives students a strong foundation in a world of shifting values and morals.
- Christian Education recognizes God’s sovereignty and Christ’s Kingship, and …
- Therefore God’s claims over all of creation are taken seriously.
- No subject or curriculum is outside the orbit of God.
- Students are recognized for who they are: sinners in need of God’s grace in Christ.
- Also students are given a vision of God’s Kingdom and their place in it.
- Good Christian education recognizes the unique, God given gifts and talents of the students and
- Challenges them to achieve their amazing potential.
- It assists parents in their God given mandate.
- Sound Christian Education treats the student as a whole person whose aim is to grow in Christ-likeness.
- A foundation in God and His world prepares the student for tomorrow.
- Healthy Christian Education develops critical thinking by having the courage to explore other world views from the perspective of its own worldview.